Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Why should I use the Explorer app if I'm already using the ArcGIS for iOS?
The ArcGIS for iOS and Android applications are very popular and many users are happy with them. Not only can you display maps, but you can also collect data. Explorer provides users with a much more modern UI that is tightly integrated in the latest version of iOS (7.x). Esri encourages all users of the ArcGIS iOS app to use the new Explorer app as it has bug fixes (discovered in the ArcGIS app) and additional capabilities:
• Support for oAuth
• Support for more data types
• Additional ways to share maps
• Search features
• Enhanced support for WMTS layers
• Bing key support for Portal & Orgs
• Presentation playback
• Quickly switch between multiple accounts
• Sketch on the map
• Support for viewing doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx attachments