Error: Not licensed to edit this data
In ArcMap, when attempting to edit dimensions, topologies, geometric networks, geodatabase relationships or ArcSDE databases, the following error message is received:
“Not licensed to edit this data.”
This error occurs if users attempt to edit using more advanced geodatabase capabilities, or attempt to edit data in an ArcSDE geodatabase using an ArcGIS for Desktop Basic license.
Certain editing operations require additional licensing, such as ArcGIS for Desktop Standard or Advanced, or an ArcGIS extension. For example, relationship classes and feature classes participating in a relationship class can be created and edited in ArcGIS for Desktop Standard and Advanced; however, it is read-only in ArcGIS for Desktop Basic.
Solution or Workaround
• Upgrade the ArcGIS license.
• Install and register an extension product that provides access to the desired tools.
- ArcGIS Help: What is editing?
- ArcGIS Help: Evaluating ArcGIS for Desktop extensions
- ArcGIS Help: Relationship class properties