Error: The program can't start because LayerUILib.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
The following error may occur while launching ArcMap 10.2.x:
"The program can't start because LayerUILib.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
This issue occurs if the LayerUILib.dll file is missing or corrupted from a previous installation.
Solution or Workaround
There are two methods to approach this problem, as described below.
Method 1: Repair ArcGIS software
2. If the LayerUILib.dll file exists, rename the file to LayerUILib.OLD.
3. Click the Windows Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
4. Right-click ArcGIS 10.2.x for Desktop and click Uninstall / Change.
5. In the ArcGIS 10.2.x for Desktop Setup dialog box, select Repair and proceed with the installation until it is completed.
6. Launch ArcMap.
If the solution above does not resolve the issue, run a clean uninstall of the ArcGIS software.
Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall ArcGIS software
The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary.
ESRI cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions. Therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
2. Right-click ArcGIS 10.2.x for Desktop and click Uninstall / Change.
3. In the ArcGIS for Desktop Setup dialog, select Remove and proceed with the uninstallation until it is completed.
C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.2
5. Delete the following registry keys:
6. Reinstall the ArcGIS software