Error: HTTP Error 500.24 - Internal Server Error. An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply integrated managed pipeline mode
In ArcGIS for Server 10.1, when accessing a service with ArcGIS Web Adaptor installed, the following error message is displayed:
"HTTP Error 500.24 - Internal Server Error. An ASP.NET setting has been detected that does not apply integrated managed pipeline mode. Detailed Error InformationModule ConfigurationValidationModule."
This error occurs if the .NET Framework settings have been changed for an application pool in Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. If the .NET Framework was recently upgraded on the system, the .NET Framework settings for all application pools in IIS Manager are changed by default to point to the latest version of .NET.
However, in ArcGIS for Server 10.1, the application pool for ArcGIS Web Adaptor, ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool, requires .NET Framework 2.0. Hence, the .NET Framework settings for ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool must be changed back to version 2.0 to resolve this issue.
Solution or Workaround
• Download the ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 Web Adaptor (IIS) .NET 4 Support and Trust Patch.
• Configure the WebAdaptorAppPool to use .NET Framework 2.0.
2. In the Connection pane, expand the server node and click Application Pools.
3. In the list of Application Pools, right-click ArcGISWebAdaptorAppPool and click Advanced Settings.
4. In the General section, change the .NET Framework Version to 2.0.
5. Click OK.
- ArcGIS Help: About the ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- ArcGIS Help: Installing the ArcGIS Web Adaptor
- Error: HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed