Problem: Geoprocessing tools display blank window
A geoprocessing tool launched in ArcMap or ArcCatalog may display as a blank window or return an error with an ActiveX or scripting message populated through the web browser.
The geoprocessing tool may look like this:
The Local Intranet security settings in Internet Options have been customized to disable running Active X Controls and plug-ins or Active Scripting.
Solution or Workaround
- Launch the Internet Options from the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Security tab and select Local Intranet to change security settings.
- Under 'Security level for this zone', click the 'Custom level' button.
- Change the security settings for 'Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins' to Enable.
- Under Scripting, change the Settings for Active Scripting to Enable.
Alternatively, the Internet Security Options can be reset to Default to resolve this issue.