Error: Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service 'System/CachingTools.GPServer'
The CachingTools geoprocessing service is used to create and manage map, globe and image service caches by ArcGIS for Server. This service is missing when ArcGIS for Server 10.1 Service Pack 1 is upgraded to 10.2.
The following error is displayed during site creation:
"Failed to create the site. Failed to create the service 'System/CachingTools.GPServer'"
The error is caused by one of the following:
• Restrictive firewall policies prevent the site from being created.
• A glitch in the system (which has been fixed in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.2).
Solution or Workaround
Upgrading to ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 restores the missing CachingTools service.
If upgrading is not an option, or if the CachingTools service is still missing, try one of the following solutions:
Solution A: Configure the firewall ports on the local machine to allow access for ArcGIS for Server processes.
1. Navigate to the Windows Firewall and Advanced Security settings by clicking Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Windows Firewall and Advanced Security.
2. Select the Inbound Rules node in the navigation pane.
3. Right-click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
4. Accept the default value 'Program' and click Next.
5. Select 'This program path' and click Browse.
6. Select the ArcGISServer.exe file at the following location: