Error: Internal Error 2753. The File is not marked for installation
When upgrading ArcGIS for Desktop, an error occurs during the installation process which prevents ArcGIS for Desktop from being installed. The following error is displayed:
"Internal Error 2753. The File <filename> is not marked for installation."
"Internal Error 2753. <filename>"
The error is caused by an incomplete uninstallation of the previous version of ArcGIS for Desktop, which leaves behind certain files and registration keys that are unable to be replaced by the newer version of ArcGIS for Desktop.
Solution or Workaround
The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary.
Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions. Therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
- From the Control Panel, uninstall ArcGIS for Desktop and all other installed ArcGIS products.
- Navigate to 'C:/Program files(X86)/common files' and delete the ArcGIS folder.
The file path for 32-bit systems is 'C:/Program files/common files'
- Launch the Registry Editor from the Desktop by typing in ‘regedit.exe’ in the Windows Start menu search box.
- Navigate to the following registry key and rename 'ESRI' to 'ESRI_old'.
- Save and close the Registry Editor.
- Re-install ArcGIS for Desktop and the other ArcGIS products that were previously uninstalled.
- Internal error 2753.DoesFileExist.exe. Installation ended prematurely because of an error
- MSDN: Windows Installer Error Messages