Bug: Unable to insert or update Oracle st_geometry feature classes, encountering ORA-20085 errors
NIM095988 - After dropping the spatial index on a feature class in a geodatabase that was upgraded to ArcGIS 10.1 or later, insert or update operations return an ORA-20085 error:
"ORA-20085: Insert Spatial Reference SRID 4326 does not match gis.parcels.SHAPE registered Spatial Reference SRID 2"
The issue exists in ArcGIS 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2 and 10.1 SP1 QIP.
The Spatial Reference Consistency patches for ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 QIP, 10.2.1 and ArcGIS 10.2.2 (Desktop, Engine, Server) have been released:
• Spatial Reference Consistency patch for ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 QIP
• Spatial Reference Consistency patch for ArcGIS 10.2.1
• Spatial Reference Consistency patch for ArcGIS 10.2.2
When dropping a feature class's spatial index, the layer's properties in the geodatabase data dictionary are updated to reference the incorrect spatial reference.
One can encounter this issue if the st_geometry layer had been created prior to ArcGIS 10.1 and shares a spatial reference definition similar to one of the many standard EPSG spatial references.
Once the data dictionary's properties for the layer are inconsistent, users are no longer able to insert and update geometries, and encounter the ORA-20085 error.
The workaround for NIM095988 is to install the 10.1 SP1 QIP, 10.2.1 or 10.2.2 Spatial Reference Consistency Patch.
- KB42775: Error: Invalid SDE transaction or Spatial Reference for output is invalid
- KB42776: HowTo upgrade an Oracle geodatabase after applying the Spatial Reference Consistency Patch
Last Published : 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000012037
Software: ArcGIS GeoEvent Server 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2 ArcGIS Server 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2 ArcGIS Image Server 10.2.2, 10.2.1, 10.2