Problem: Unable to remove a shared add-in from the Add-In Manager in ArcMap
In some instances, a shared add-in that is listed on the Add-Ins tab in the Add-In Manager dialog box cannot be removed. The 'Delete this Add-In' button is disabled.
This issue occurs if the shared add-in is located in a well-known folder, which can be a network share. Users are not allowed to delete shared add-ins directly from the Add-In Manager dialog box.
Solution or Workaround
Remove the shared add-in by deleting the file from the well-known folder.
- Navigate to the well-known folder, for example:
\\network drive\Shared Add-Ins\
- Right-click the shared add-in file within this folder and select the Delete command.
- Close the Add-in Manager dialog box.
- Reopen the Add-In Manager dialog box and ensure the add-in is deleted.
- ArcGIS Help - Essential Python add-in concepts
- ArcGIS Help - Sharing and installing add-ins
- ArcGIS Blog - Add-ins for ArcGIS Desktop 10