Problem: Esri Maps for Office tab is missing in Microsoft Excel
If Esri Maps for Office is installed on the operating system but the Esri Maps tab does not display in Microsoft Excel, the add-in may be disabled.
When Microsoft Excel crashes, or changes are made to the operating system, the Esri Maps for Office Component Object Model add-in (COM Add-in) may be disabled or turned off in the process.
Solution or Workaround
Check that the 'COM Add-Ins' list has the Esri Maps for Office add-in turned on in Microsoft Excel.
- Open Microsoft Excel and navigate to File > Options.
- Navigate to the Add-Ins option button. In the Manage drop-down menu at the bottom of the window, select 'COM Add-Ins', and click Go.
- If the Esri Maps for Office check box is unchecked, check Esri Maps for Office. Click OK, and restart Microsoft Excel.
If Esri Maps for Office is already checked, or it is not in the 'COM Add-Ins' menu, it may have been disabled. Use the Manage drop-down menu and select 'Disabled Items'. Select 'Esri Maps for Office', click Enable, and restart Microsoft Excel.
- Microsoft KB - Load or unload add-in programs
- Microsoft KB - Enable or disable add-ins in Office programs