How To: Toggle between 2012 InfoGroup businesses and 2013 Dun & Bradstreet businesses
In the Esri 2013 Data Update for Business Analyst Desktop and Server 10.2, a new source of business data was implemented. The 2013 business locations data now come from Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). In prior versions, the source of the business data was Infogroup. To support the transition from Infogroup to D&B, this article explains how to continue to use the 2012 Infogroup business locations data, if preferred, after installing the Esri US 2013 Data Update.
- Open the 2013 Business Analyst MXD.
- Go to the Business Analyst menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Dataset tab.
- In the Select current dataset section, select the Esri USA 2012* dataset from the drop-down menu.
If the Esri USA 2012 option is not available in the drop-down menu, the 2012 dataset has not been installed. To install it, locate the 2012 install media or log into the Esri Customer Care Portal, switch to "all Releases," and then select "Esri Business Analyst 10.2 for Desktop."
- To proceed with the install, double-click the setup.exe. When prompted to install the 2012 data, only choose to install the Businesses Data.
- Click OK to proceed.
- To continue to work with the Esri USA 2013 dataset and this business locations data, save any work layers of 2012 business locations, toggle back to the Esri USA 2013 dataset, and then open those saved layers.