How To: Update the legacy routing services for ArcGIS for Local and State Government (ArcGIS 10.2) applications
This article describes the steps to disable the routing service functionality. Once disabled, the application is completely functional without using the routing legacy service.
To turn off the routing service, update the following applications using the steps below:
- Park and Recreation Finder (ArcGIS 10.2)
- Park and Recreation Locator (ArcGIS 10.2)
- Water Access Locator (ArcGIS 10.2)
- Wildlife Management Area Locator (ArcGIS 10.2)
- My Hazard Information (ArcGIS 10.2)
- My Government Services (ArcGIS 10.2)
- Election Polling Place (ArcGIS 10.2)
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the application.
- Browse to the config.js file.
- Copy the file and rename it backup_config.txt.
- Open the original config.js file in Microsoft Notepad or another text editor.
- Scroll down the config.js file to the code snippet for each application listed below:
- Park and Recreation Finder, Park and Recreation Locator, Water Access Locator, and Wildlife Management Area Locator, use this parameter:
Code: GetDirections: true,
- For My Hazard Information and My Government Services, use this parameter:
Code: SearchforDirections: true,
- Use this parameter for Election Polling Place:
Code: ShowDirection: true,
- Replace the word 'true' with the word 'false'.
- Save the config.js file.
- Open a web browser, clear the browsing cache and test the application to ensure it is operating correctly.
- Update legacy routing services for the Park and Recreation Finder, My Government Services, and Election Polling Places
- HowTo: Update the legacy geocoding service for the ArcGIS for Local Government ArcGIS Viewer for Flex applications