Error: 7174: Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled
The authorization process for ArcGIS for Desktop does not complete when using an EVA license code, even if the number has been registered on the ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial website. The following error message is returned.
Error: "7174:Only deployed entitlement line item can be fulfilled."
There is an issue with the registration process on the ArcGIS for Desktop Student Trial site. When a user attempts to register an authorization number, the number does not register and no error message is displayed, so it may appear that the authorization number has been registered when it has not.
Solution or Workaround
The instructions provided below describe how to register an authorization number and then use that number to authorize ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use for a 365-day evaluation.
- Go to the ArcGIS for Desktop 10 Education Edition site.
- Log in using an Esri Global Account.
Note: To create a new account, click the 'Create an Account' button.
- On the Activate your ArcGIS for Desktop 10 Authorization Number page, enter the EVAXXXXXXXXX number and click the Submit button.
Note: Ensure that the license code is keyed in correctly, this is a common cause for this error.
- Complete the authorization process with ArcGIS Administrator:
- Open ArcGIS Administrator (Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator).
- Choose Desktop > ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use and click Authorize Now.
- Follow the remaining directions, entering the EVAXXXXXXXXX number when requested.
- The authorization process now completes without the 7174 error.