How To: Update the legacy geocoding service for the ArcGIS for Local Government ArcGIS Viewer for Flex applications
Many of the ArcGIS for Local Government ArcGIS Viewer for Flex applications use the legacy geocoding service by default. As of December 31, 2013, the legacy geocoding services from this location have been retired.
Some of the functionality of this service is replaced by the geocoding service at the following URL:
This article describes how to update the following ArcGIS for Local Government ArcGIS Viewer for Flex applications to continue to work with the new geocoding service:
- Water Utility Operations Dashboard (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Common Operational Picture (10.0, 10.1)
- SnowCOP (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Identify and note the file to be updated based on the application name and version listed below:
- Water Utility Operations Dashboard (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1):
- Common Operational Picture (10.1):
- Common Operational Picture (ArcGIS 10.0):
- SnowCOP (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1):
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the .xml file for each application.
- Copy the file and rename it backup_copy.xml.
- Open the original .xml file in Microsoft Notepad or another text editor.
- Look for the line of the configuration file similar to the code snippet below:
- Copy and paste the following service, overwriting the legacy service.
The service being overwritten is one of two services below:
- The configuration file should look similar to the code snippet below:M/li>
- Save the .xml file.
- Open a web browser, clear the browsing cache and test the application to ensure it is operating correctly.
- HowTo: Update the legacy routing services for ArcGIS for Local and State Government (ArcGIS 10.2) applications
- Update legacy routing services for the Park and Recreation Finder, My Government Services, and Election Polling Places