As of December 31, 2013, the legacy geocoding service has been retired. Some of the functionality of this service is replaced with the following geocoding service:
This article describes how to update the following ArcGIS for Local Government applications to work with the new geolocating service:
- Citizen Service Request (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Community Addressing (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Election Results (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Executive Dashboard (ArcGIS 10.1)
- Land Use Public Comment (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Public Information Center (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Park and Recreation Finder (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- My Government Services (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
- Election Polling Place (ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1)
For information on updating routing services see technical article 41593: HowTo: Update the legacy routing services for ArcGIS for Local and State Government (ArcGIS 10.2) applications.
- In Windows Explorer, browse to the location of the application.
- Browse to the config.js or config.txt file.
- Copy the file and rename it backup_config.txt.
- Open the original config.js or config.txt file in Microsoft Notepad or another text editor.
- Scroll down the configuration file till you see a code snippet similar to the snippet below:
- Copy and paste the new service,
Note: For the My Government Services 10.1 application update the configuration items for 'FieldValues' to look like the code snippet below:
- The resulting configuration file should look similar to the code snippet below:
- Save the config.js or config.txt file.
- Open a web browser, clear the browsing cache and test the application to ensure it is operating correctly.
- HowTo: Update the legacy routing services for ArcGIS for Local and State Government (ArcGIS 10.2) applications
- Update legacy routing services for the Park and Recreation Finder, My Government Services, and Election Polling Places
- HowTo: Update the legacy geocoding service for the ArcGIS for Local Government ArcGIS Viewer for Flex applications