Problem: ArcReader crashes when opening a PMF on the Microsoft Surface Pro.
When trying to open a PMF in ArcReader installed on a Microsoft Surface Pro, the software crashes with the following message:
"ArcReader.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
There is a conflict with graphics card driver 18.104.22.16862 (dated 3/8/2013).
Solution or Workaround
Roll back the driver to 22.214.171.12467 (dated 12/5/2012) resolve the issue.
- Go to Control Panel > Display.
- In the Display section, click the Adjust Resolution link on the left.
- In the Screen Resolution section, click the Advanced Settings link in the middle right of the dialog. This opens the graphics card properties dialog box.
- From the Adaptor tab, click the Properties button.
- Click the Driver tab. Click Roll Back Driver, the third button, if driver 126.96.36.19962 is installed.
- In the new dialog box, click Yes to confirm rolling back the driver.