Error: The authorization cannot be completed because the maximum extra authorizations is exceeded
When authorizing software through License Manager or ArcGIS Administrator, users may receive the following error message:
"The authorization cannot be completed because the maximum extra authorizations is exceeded. Please contact ESRI Customer Service or your local ESRI distributor."
There are no more activations left on the authorization number(s).
Solution or Workaround
- Log into the Customer Care Portal.
- On the Home page, click Authorization & Provisioning.
- Click the Provisioning tab.
- If there is a Provision ID listed and the status is New, click the Provision ID number.
If there is no Provision ID listed, call Esri Support Services at (888)377-4575.
- Click 'Download this provision' and use this file to authorize the software. Alternatively, click 'Cancel this provision' to free up the license activations.