Error: The server post install failed. Without correcting these errors you will not be able to use ArcGIS Server
The following error message displays when running the post install for ArcGIS Server 10.0 with Microsoft Configuration Manager also installed and while setting monitor service logon permissions to \ArcGISSOC:
"The server post install failed (review summary for details). Without correcting these errors you will not be able to use ArcGIS Server."
Excerpt from post install summary:
"Setting monitor service logon permissions to <hostname>\ArcGISSOC... The specified service does not exist as an installed service (80070424)"
The Microsoft Configuration Manager does not recognize the SOC Monitor service as a legitimate 32-bit service and prevents it from installing and setting 'logon permissions' during the post install.
Solution or Workaround
The Microsoft Configuration Manager application must be uninstalled and all files associated with the application must also be manually removed. The ArcGIS Server software must also be uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Uninstall Microsoft Configuration Manager:
• Windows Server 2003: go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Program.
• Windows XP: go to Start > Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
• Windows Vista and Windows 7: go to Start > Control Panel (switch to Classic View, if necessary) > Programs and Features.
• Windows Server 2008: click Start > Control Panel (switch to Classic View, if necessary) > Programs and Features.
Select Microsoft Configuration Manager from the list. Select Remove to remove Microsoft Configuration Manager from this machine.
- Uninstall the Esri ArcGIS Server 10.0 software:
Follow the steps at the following Web help topic: Uninstalling ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Remove log files left behind by Microsoft Configuration Manager:
a) Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer.
b) Select Computer and navigate to the drive where Microsoft Configuration Manager was installed previously. Look for a file named 'program' and delete this file. Files with this name can cause issues with any installation of ArcGIS Server in this drive.
- Reinstall ArcGIS Server 10.0:
Follow the steps at the following Web help topic: Installing ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework overview