FAQ: Why does the message "Warning! Missing prerequisites" appear when installing ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2.1?
Why does the message "Warning! Missing prerequisites" appear when installing ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2.1?
During the installation of ArcGIS for Windows Mobile version 10.2.1 on Windows OS (operating systems), the message 'Warning: Missing Prerequisites' may be returned if Windows Mobile Device Center is not installed prior to installing ArcGIS for Windows Mobile. The warning can be ignored, as it is only applicable if the ArcGIS for Windows Mobile application or projects must be deployed to a Windows Mobile OS device used in the field.
Although Windows 10 is not listed as a supported operating system, it runs without major issues (other than Windows Mobile Device Center issues and Mobile GP Tools missing after upgrading ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Server to v 10.4x).
Windows Mobile Device Center is required to connect the handheld device to a Windows machine. If it is not yet installed on the Windows OS machine when installing ArcGIS for Windows Mobile, the following warning message appears.
Several options depending on the customers project requirements:
- If the user is not using ArcGIS for Windows Mobile on a Windows Mobile OS handheld device, this warning can be ignored and the user can continue with installation.
- If Windows Mobile OS handheld devices must be connected to Windows OS machines to deploy ArcGIS for Windows Mobile software or Mobile projects to field users, cancel the installation of ArcGIS for Windows Mobile and install Windows Mobile Device Center. Then, restart the Windows OS machine to install ArcGIS for Windows Mobile.
- Bypass the warning and complete the ArcGIS for Windows Mobile installation. Install Windows Mobile Device Center. After the installation, the option to install to the handheld device is available as shown in the screenshot below.
- Copy the ArcGISMobile.CAB file from its location on the Windows OS machine (default install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Mobile10.2.1\Install) to the Windows Mobile OS handheld device. The ArcGISMobile.CAB file is the installation file for Windows Mobile OS hardware. Double-click this file to open, and extract it to a location on the device (CAB = ZIP files).
- Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Driver for Windows Vista (64-bit)
- Microsoft’s ActiveSync 4.5
- System requirements for ArcGIS for Windows Mobile 10.2.1
- ArcGIS for Windows Mobile Product Life Cycle doc