How To: Configure hyperlinks for use in ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop
Instructions provided describe how to format hyperlinks in ArcMap to be displayed as active links in ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop.
Using the options on the HTML Popup tab in the Layer Properties dialog box can create active links for hyperlinked documents using relative paths or fully qualified path settings.
- In ArcMap, right-click the layer and click Properties. Click the HTML Popup tab.
- Select the check box to 'Show content for this layer using the HTML Popup tool'.
- Select 'As a formatted page based on an XSL template'.
- Click the Load button and select 'Load default template'.
The default template includes code to create a link from information saved as website paths as well as relative paths with the \\ (UNC) format. If it is necessary to include a full path, such as to C:\, an additional code section must be added.
- Edit the XSL document to include a C:\ path hyperlink by adding the following code to the XSL template:
<xsl:when test="FieldValue[starts-with(., 'C:\')]">
- Create a layer package and add it to ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop.
- Click a feature in ArcGIS Explorer for Desktop and the popup menu shows a clickable link to the hyperlinked document.