Bug: Cannot start image services on an ArcGIS Server running in French or Russian locales
When publishing image services to an ArcGIS Server that runs in French or Russian locales, image services do not start.
In ArcGIS for Server 10.1, the default LERC compression tolerance is 0.01. This causes image service start-up failures in French and Russian locales.
- To publish image services to an ArcGIS Server that runs in French or Russian locales, apply the following additional step in the publishing wizard:
1. Select the Parameters node on the left side of the Service Editor dialog box (the last dialog box of the publishing wizard).
2. Click the ellipsis button next to 'Allowed Compression Methods'. The Configure Allow List dialog box opens.
3. Change the LERC Tolerance to 0.
4. Close the dialog box.
- If the image service is published to an ArcGIS Server that runs in French or Russian locales with default LERC tolerance (0.01), follow the instructions below:
1. Open ArcGIS Server Manager.
▪ Alternatively, enter the address into a web browser. This address is usually:
2. Select Services at the top of the window.
3. Select the image service to open the Service Editor page.
4. Select the Parameters node on the left side of the Service Editor.
5. Click the ellipsis button next to Allowed Compression Methods. The Compression Methods dialog box opens.
6. Change the LERC Tolerance to 0 and click OK to close the dialog box.
7. Click Save and Restart to update the service.