Error: Failed to create the site. The machine does not have a valid license. Please authorize ArcGIS Server
When creating a new site in ArcGIS Server Manager, the process fails with the error:
"Failed to create the site. The machine does not have a valid license. Please authorize ArcGIS Server by clicking Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Software Authorization."
ArcGIS Server was authorized using a PRVC or ECP file that is intended for a version prior to 10.1.
Solution or Workaround
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the following folder: C:\Program Files\ESRI\License10.1\sysgen
- Rename the keycodes file.
- Run the Software Authorization wizard using a 10.1 authorization number, ECP file, or PRVC file.
- Open the new keycodes file that was created in the previous step and verify that all features include the version ‘101’. If the contents of the file are not version ‘101’, contact your local Esri Customer Service to acquire the correct 10.1 authorization.
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Restart the ArcGIS Server service.
- Open ArcGIS Server Manager and select Create New Site.