Error: Could not authorize license" error occurs when authorizing ArcGIS for Server
When authorizing ArcGIS 10.1 for Server through Cloud Builder, an error occurs indicating "Could not authorize license".
The Location value is not listed in the provisioning file that is used to authorize ArcGIS for Server, and some fields in the provisioning file may be empty. ArcGIS 10.1 for Server provisioning files created prior to June 11, 2012 do not contain a Location value and do not require all fields to be populated.
Solution or Workaround
Edit the provisioning file and add the Location value and ensure that all fields are populated.
- Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the provisioning (.prvc) file.
- At the end of the file, type:
Modify "United States" to be the country where your organization is located.
- Under the User Information section, check that all fields have a value. The First Name, Last Name, Organization, Department, Email, Address, City, State/Province, Location Code, Zip/Postal Code, and Phone Number fields must all be populated. If there is no value after the equal sign, enter the appropriate value. For example:
- Save the provisioning (.prvc) file.
- Run Cloud Builder again and use the modified provisioning file to authorize the server.