How To: Compile and build WxWidgets 2.8.7 to run ArcGIS Engine samples on Linux
Instructions provided describe how to compile and build WxWidgets 2.8.7.
These instructions must be performed on a 32-bit Linux machine that meets the system requirements for ArcGIS Engine. The resulting binaries will be usable on both 32- and 64-bit machines.
- Find WX 2.8.7 at the Source Forge site.
- Download WxWidgets to a local directory using wxWidgets-2.8.7.tar.gz (or .bz2).
- Unpack the source code:
tar -zxvf /<path to sourcecode>/wxWidgets-2.8.7.tar.gz
- Change directory (cd) to the unpacked wxWidgets-2.8.7 source code.
- Configure the source code with the following command:
./configure --prefix=<installation location> --enable-unicode --with-gtk
- Build wxWidgets using the command:
- Install wxWidgets using the command:
Make sure that <installation location>/bin is in the PATH so that wx-config may be executed from the project's makefiles.
- Compile and build WxWidgets 2.8.7 to run ArcGIS Engine samples on Windows
- Compile and Run WxWidgets ArcGIS Engine samples on Windows