FAQ: What is the signficance of a gray metadata title heading?
What is the signficance of a gray metadata title heading?
The metadata element is read-only. If the metadata was created in a geodatabase prior to version 10, the geodatabase or metadata may need to be upgraded.
Any metadata applied using the ArcGIS 9.3.1 FGDC metadata editor is visible under the FGDC Metadata (read-only) heading. This includes any metadata applied using the FGDC Metadata Editor add-in.
- ArcGIS Help - About viewing metadata
- ArcGIS Help - The ArcGIS metadata format
- ArcGIS Help - Creating and managing FGDC metadata
- ArcGIS Help - Upgrading existing FGDC metadata from the Description tab
- ArcGIS Help - A quick tour of creating and editing metadata
- ArcGIS Help - Upgrading file and personal geodatabases