How To: Turn off transparent MapTips in ArcReader 10
Instructions provided describe the steps for turning off MapTips transparency in ArcReader using the ArcReader Configuration tool. This prevents the tip from becoming transparent when hovering over a feature that has defined MapTips.
The ArcReader Configuration tool (ARConfig.exe) is located in one of the following directories:
• C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Bin
• C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcReader10.0\Bin
Verify ArcReader is not running before proceeding with the following steps:
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\Bin folder or the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\ArcReader10.0\Bin folder.
- Double-click the ARConfig.exe file.
- When the first screen appears, click the User button to open or create the template file in the current user's profile.
- In the ArcReader Configuration Properties dialog box, click the Map tab.
- In the Tooltips section, uncheck the box for 'Use transparent tooltips'.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Click Exit.
To apply these changes to multiple machines, copy and paste the ArcReader.art template file to each machine in one of the following directories (depending on the operating system used) before using ArcReader.
• C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\Application Data\ESRI\ArcReader\Templates
The settings made to the ArcReader template can be embedded in the Publisher Settings on the ArcReader tab, which allows the settings to be stored in the published map.