How To: Edit the attributes or geometry of existing features using ArcGIS for Android
The instructions provided describe how to edit the attributes or geometry of existing features using ArcGIS for Android.
A feature service is needed to create and edit features with the ArcGIS for Android application.
For more information about working with feature services, refer to the What is a feature service? page on the ArcGIS Resource Center.
- To begin editing, tap on the feature in the map.
- When the feature is selected, tap the white chevron that appears on the side of the callout box.
- On the attributes page, tap the pencil icon in the upper-right corner to begin editing.
- To edit the attributes and geometry, do the following:•Tap the fields to edit their attributes.
• Change the geometry of the feature by selecting the square with pencil icon on the taskbar.
• Save the edits by tapping the green checkbox in the upper-right corner.
- If desired, move the feature to a new location. When finished, click the green checkmark to apply the edits.
- A message appears confirming that the edits have successfully been applied.