How To: Install NAS-Reader for ArcGIS Desktop 10
This article was contributed by Esri Deutschland, the Esri distributor for Germany.
The instructions provided describe how to install NAS-Reader for ArcGIS Desktop 10. NAS-Reader enables importing and visualizing 3A data (AFIS®, ALKIS® and ATKIS®) by way of NAS (Normbasierte Austausch Schnittstelle), a standards-based exchange format of German surveying authorities. According to GeoInfoDok version 6.0, NAS data can be read by NAS-Reader and all schemes, including version 6.0.1, are supported.
Version 5.1.1_K is an exception; it is not supported by NAS-Reader. This version was available for a short time and was replaced by version 5.1.1_K2.
The installation requires the following:
• Data Interoperability extension
Since the NAS-Reader uses only parts of the Data Interoperability extension, it is not necessary to purchase a license. Nevertheless, the full use of Data Interoperability is still dependent on an activated license.
• It is not necessary to install the German Supplement.
2. Navigate to <CD-Drive>:\Inhalte\Programme\NAS_Reader.
3. Read Dokumentation_NAS_Reader.
Install the Data Interoperability Extension
2. Double-click ESRI.exe to start installation.
3. In the ArcGIS Desktop Install Menu, click the Setup link that corresponds to the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation.
Install the NAS-Reader
2. Click Install Add-in.
3. Click OK to finish.
4. Copy the esridesktop_nas.oemlic file found in <CD-Drive>:\Inhalte\Programme\NAS_Reader to one of the following folders:
• For a 64-bit OS - C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\Data Interoperability Extension\licenses
Administrator rights may be needed for this step.
To adjust the Add-in go to Customize > Add-In Manager.
Data and File Information