How To: Install NAS-Reader for ArcGIS Desktop 10
This article was contributed by Esri Deutschland, the Esri distributor for Germany.
The instructions provided describe how to install NAS-Reader for ArcGIS Desktop 10. NAS-Reader enables importing and visualizing 3A data (AFIS®, ALKIS® and ATKIS®) by way of NAS (Normbasierte Austausch Schnittstelle), a standards-based exchange format of German surveying authorities. According to GeoInfoDok version 6.0, NAS data can be read by NAS-Reader and all schemes, including version 6.0.1, are supported.
Note: Version 5.1.1_K is an exception; it is not supported by NAS-Reader. This version was available for a short time and was replaced by version 5.1.1_K2.
The installation requires the following:
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.0, Service Pack 1
- Data Interoperability extension
Note: Since the NAS-Reader uses only parts of the Data Interoperability extension, it is not necessary to purchase a license. Nevertheless, the full use of Data Interoperability is still dependent on an activated license.
- Media CD Bereit für ArcGIS 10! provided by Esri Germany
- It is not necessary to install the German Supplement.
- Insert the media CD Bereit für ArcGIS 10!
- Navigate to: <CD-Drive>:\Inhalte\Programme\NAS_Reader
- Read Dokumentation_NAS_Reader.
Install the Data Interoperability Extension
- Open the folder containing ESRI.exe.
- Double-click ESRI.exe to start installation.
- In the ArcGIS Desktop Install menu, click the Setup link that corresponds to the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation.
Install the NAS-Reader
- Double-click NASReader.esriaddin.
- Click Install Add-in.
- Click OK to finish.
- Copy the esridesktop_nas.oemlic file found in <CD-Drive>:\Inhalte\Programme\NAS_Reader to one of the following folders:
- For a 32-bit OS - C:\Program files\ESRI\Data Interoperability Extension\licenses
- For a 64-bit OS - C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\Data Interoperability Extension\licenses
Note: Administrator rights may be needed for this step.
- After completing the installation, open ArcMap and click Customize > Toolbars and activate NAS.
Note: To adjust the Add-in go to Customize > Add-In Manager.
Data and File Information
NAS data can be imported in file geodatabases (*.gdb) or in personal geodatabases (*.mdb) and can be visualized in ArcMap. Esri recommends using a file geodatabase for large amounts of data (several hundred MB).
- Available in 2020: Article in German: Installation des NAS-Readers für ArcGIS Desktop 10