How To: Change the My Toolboxes default location in ArcGIS 10
Instructions provided describe how to change the default location of the My Toolboxes folder in ArcGIS 10. At version 10 it is not possible to change the default location through the user interface. However, this change can be made in the ArcGIS registry.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
- In Windows, go to Start > Run and type regedit.
- In the browse tree on the left, navigate to HKEY_Current_User > Software > ESRI > Desktop10.0 > ArcToolbox > Settings.
- Right-click the Settings folder and select New > String Value.
- Rename the string value My Toolboxes Folder.
- Double-click the My Toolboxes Folder string value and change the Data value to the new location of the My Toolboxes Folder.