How To: Add an internal ArcGIS Server service to ArcGIS Explorer Online
The instructions provided describe how to add an internal ArcGIS Server service to ArcGIS Explorer Online.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\inetpub\wwwroot.
- In the wwwroot folder, create a new text document and name it 'clientaccesspolicy.xml' if one does not already exist.
- Open the new 'clientaccesspolicy.xml' file and use the Network Security Access Restrictions in Silverlight documentation to populate the file.
The policy file used by ArcGIS Online is a good example of this type of file: http://services.arcgisonline.com/clientaccesspolicy.xml.
- Open a web browser, navigate to ArcGIS Online, and click My Content.
- Click Add Item, and select On the Web from the 'The Item is' dropdown menu.
- Enter a fully qualified name for the service.
For example, type
- Navigate to ArcGIS Explorer Online, and the newly added service is available for viewing in the My Content section under Add Content.