How To: Setting up Child License Managers from a Parent license server
Many large organizations need to have separate license managers for their remote locations and departments. Due to network constraints, it is recommended to setup a Child License Manager that consumes its licenses from the Parent License Manager. The instructions provided describe how to set up a Child License Manager from a Parent license server.
Configuring the Child License Manager is similar to authorizing a typical License Manager 10 system. The only difference is that a Child License Manager gets its licenses from an internal system versus authorizing from Esri.
- Install License Manager on the Child License Manager server. Open ArcGIS License Server Administrator and select the Authorization folder on the left. Click the Authorize Now button.
- Under Authorization Options in the Software Authorization Wizard, select I need to authorize licenses on my license server and ArcGIS Desktop. Click Next.
- For Authorization Method, select, Authorize your software from a local license server. Click Next.
- On the Choose a License Server page, type the name of the Parent License Manager under Specify a License Server.
- On the Software Authorization Number page, type the authorization number and the number of licenses that the Child License Manager will use. Click Next.
- On the Authorize Software Extensions page, type the authorization number and number of licenses for each of the extensions that the Child License Manager will use. Click Next.
- On the Authorizing Software page, the authorization process runs and completes. Click Finish.
- Download, extract, uninstall, install, and authorize ArcGIS License Manager 10
- How To: Download and install Esri software from My Esri