How To: Install an ArcGIS Server 9.x instance on a non-default website in IIS 6
Organizations can install their ArcGIS Server instance in a non-default website on their Windows platform. This allows the ArcGIS Server instance to be separate from the default website.
Instructions provided describe how to install a new ArcGIS Server instance on a Windows Server on a non-default website in IIS 6.
- Open Internet Information Services Manager (IIS Manager).
- Right-click Web Sites, select New > Web Site...
- Click Next and type a short description in the Description text box. Click Next.
- Select an IP address from the drop down list to use for the new website.
The default setting is 'All Unassigned'.
If needed, type a new port number.
If needed, type in a host header.
- Type in or browse to the physical path of the new website. Click Next.
- Set the website access permissions.
Typically Read and Run scripts are allowed.
Click Next and then click Finish.
- Run the AddInstance utility (C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DotNet\AddInstance.exe) and enter the following:
• ArcGIS Server Instance Name
• IIS port number
• Name of the Server Object Manager (SOM) machine
• ArcGIS WebServices account and password
Click the Add button. When finished, the ArcGIS instance folders and virtual directories are created on the new website.