How To: Download Esri Sample Data and Publish Services to ArcGIS Server for Testing
Instructions provided describe how to download Esri sample data and publish services to ArcGIS Server for testing.
Zip files are included for each supported version of ArcGIS Server.
- Click on the .zip file link for the version of ArcGIS Server that is installed.
-ArcGIS Server 10.0 (Usa_10.0.zip)
-ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 (Usa_9.3.1.zip)
-ArcGIS Server 9.3 (Usa_9.3.zip)
-ArcGIS Server 9.2 (Usa_9.2.zip)
- Save the contents of the .zip file to the GIS Server and grant the ArcGIS SOC account read permissions to the USA folder.
- Log into ArcGIS Server Manager and click Publish a map, globe or other GIS resource as a service.
- Type the location of the resource as a UNC path to either the optimized USA Map Service Definition file (USA.msd) or the USA map document (USA.mxd).
- Click Next and accept the default capabilities for the map service.
- Click Next to review the information and then click Finish.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000011235
Software: and prior) 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 10 ArcGIS GIS Server (10.0