Problem: Features from a feature class disappear when zooming or panning in layout view
Features from a feature class disappear when zooming or panning in the layout view.
The spatial index of the feature class is corrupt.
The spatial index must be rebuilt.
Before attempting any of these steps, make sure a backup copy of the feature class has been made.
Spatial indexes cannot be rebuilt for personal geodatabase feature classes.
- Open ArcCatalog.
- Navigate to the affected feature class.
- Right-click the feature class and click Properties.
- In the Feature Class Properties dialog box, click the Indexes tab. Find the section that says Spatial Index.
- Press Delete in the Spatial Index section.
- Press Apply to commit the change.
- Click Recalculate in the Spatial Index section.
- Press OK or Apply to commit the change. The features now stay in view when panning or zooming around the map.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000011225
Software: ArcMap 10 ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1 ArcGIS - ArcView 10, 9.2, 9.3, 9.3.1