Problem: Unable to connect to the remote Amazon EC2 instance.
A server instance created on Amazon via remote desktop cannot be accessed.
By default, a security group is completely locked down.
The IP address is not allowed in the security group of the instance being accessed or the source IP address was set to a private IP address for the RDP Security Group on Amazon. This needs to be a public IP address.
Solution or Workaround
Allow Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) access through port 3389 for the IP address or a range of approved IP addresses within the organization.
- Launch the security group for this instance. See the help topic Opening an Amazon EC2 security group for ArcGIS Server.
- Allow the public IP address from which the connection is to be made.
For example, 0.0.0.0/0 allows everyone to connect, whereas 184.108.40.206/32 allows one specific IP address to connect. See the help topic Common security group configurations
- There were no valid features found in the selected file.
- FlexNet Publisher Trusted Storage Unique Identifier – Usage Guidelines
- Flexera Software
- What is ArcGIS Server on Amazon EC2?