How To: Add descriptive text in a model dialog
The instructions provided describe how to add descriptive text in a model dialog. The descriptive text in a model dialog explains the overall use of the model and the function of each individual parameter.
In ArcGIS 10, the Description tab in ArcCatalog is used to edit the model documentation the same way the Edit Documentation option does in ArcGIS 9.3.1.
- Highlight the model in ArcCatalog.
- Click the Description tab.
- Click the Edit button.
- Type the descriptive text in the Summary box.
- Expand the model parameter underneath the Syntax section.
- Type the text in the Dialog Explanation section for each model parameter.
- Click the Save button.
Information added in the Summary section displays underneath the title of the model in the contextual help when the model is double-clicked to run as a tool.
- ArcGIS 10 Help - A quick tour of documenting tools and toolboxes
- ArcGIS 10 Help - Creating item descriptions