Problem: Cannot add an ArcGIS Server Image Service from ArcGIS.com to ArcGIS Desktop 10
The list that appears after clicking the Open menu below the thumbnail of an image service on ArcGIS.com does not include ArcGIS Desktop.
ArcGIS.com is missing an option to open image services in ArcGIS Desktop.
To add the image service to ArcGIS Desktop, make a connection in ArcCatalog directly to the host server.
- Open the Details page for the image service and locate the Map Contents link.
- Copy the first part of the URL of the Map Contents link, up to and including the word 'services.' For example: http://www.example.com/arcgis/rest/services
- Open the Add ArcGIS Server dialog box inside ArcCatalog and paste the URL into the Server URL field.
- Delete 'rest/' from the URL. It should look like this: http://www.example.com/arcgis/services
- Click OK.
- Use this connection to browse to and add any of the services on that server, using the Add Data dialog box.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000011086
Software: and prior) 10 ArcGIS Image Server 10 ArcGIS Online Current ArcGIS GIS Server (10.0 ArcGIS-ArcEditor 10 ArcGIS-ArcInfo 10 ArcGIS-ArcView 10