How To: Use the ArcGIS Server Java Language Supplement on the English (United States) version of Windows OS
If the English version of ArcGIS Server Java is installed on a computer running the English version of the Windows Operating System, it is possible to localize the ArcGIS Server Manager user interface by installing one of the ArcGIS Server Language Supplements. For example, if the Spanish Language Supplement is installed, all text displayed would be in Spanish. Instructions provided describe how to use the ArcGIS Server Java Language Supplement on the English (United States) version of Windows Operating System (OS).
For Java Server to display localized characters, the locale of the machine running the ArcGIS Server processes must be set to the desired language.
This article demonstrates this for the Spanish (Spain) language as an example. It assumes that the English (United States) version of Java Server is installed on a machine with the English (United States) Windows OS.
- Install the ArcGIS Server Java Spanish Language Supplement.
- Log in using the ArcGISSOM user account.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options.
- In the Regional and Language Options dialog box on the Windows Control Panel, change the user locale from English (United States) to Spanish (Spain).
- Open Services, restart the ArcGIS Server Manager service, and log off.
- Log in using the ArcGISSOC user account.
- Change the user locale from English (United States) to Spanish (Spain).
- Open Services, restart the ArcGIS Server Object Manager service, and log off.
- Open the ArcGIS Server Manager in a Web browser. All text displayed should now be in Spanish (Spain).