Bug: WMS and WCS services based on image services fail to draw
WMS and WCS services based on image services can fail to draw depending on the application used to publish the service.
This problem occurs when using the 'Add New Service' wizard in the ArcGIS Server Manager for the Microsoft .NET Framework or the 'Publish GIS Resource' wizard in the ArcGIS Server Manager for the Java platform.
These problems occur in both the 9.3.1 and 10 versions of the software. This problem does not occur when publishing Image Services using ArcGIS Desktop.
When publishing an image service and enabling the WMS or WCS capability, the incorrect service type is being inserted into the OnlineResource property.
Incorrect OnlineResource values for an image service contain the string 'MapServer'. Examples of these URLs are:
Correct values would contain 'ImageServer' instead:
Use ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Server Manager to edit the incorrect OnlineResource URL value for the WMS or WCS capability.
- Stop the image service that needs to be fixed.
- View the service properties for the image service.
- Click the 'Capabilities' tab.
- Highlight either the WMS or WCS capability.
- Edit the OnlineResource property by replacing the string 'MapServer' with 'ImageServer'.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the other capability, if both have been enabled on the image service.
- Save the changes and restart the image service.