Error: ArcGIS Workflow Manager REST endpoint returning a "Bad URL" error when using .NET Server and IIS 7
After installing ArcGIS Workflow Manager on a Windows Server 2008 and using IIS7, the REST end point (http://<Server>/wmrest/services) throws a "Bad URL" error.
This issue was resolved at Service Pack 2 of ArcGIS Workflow Manager. Please install the service pack at your earliest convenience.
The defaultAppPool setting on IIS 7 is set to integrated mode and not classic mode.
Follow the steps below to change the WMREST site to run with Classic .NET AppPool.
- Open the Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager from the Start menu.
- Expand the connections node to connect to the current server.
- Select Application Pools to view the different application pools configured on the server. Note the pool type that uses classic mode. Typically, there is a Classic .NET AppPool.
- Expand the Sites > Default Web Site and right-click the WMREST site and convert to application. Click OK on the Add Application dialog box.
- Click the WMREST site to view the site properties. In the Actions window, click Basic Settings to open the Edit Application dialog box.
- Click Select... by the Application Pool, and select the Classic .NET AppPool.
- Click OK and restart IIS.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000010996
Software: ArcGIS Server (10.0 and prior) 10 ArcGIS Workflow Manager 10