Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
ArcGIS Desktop single-use software is successfully registered, but the following error message occurs when starting ArcMap:
"ArcEditor/ArcView is not authorized for use. Access the Registration Wizard from the Start>Programs>ArcGIS>Desktop Administrator shortcut. Select the 'Register Single Use and Extensions' folder and click on the Register Now button..."
There are different Release and Product versions on the system.
Verify the Release and Product versions.
1. Click Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator.
2. In the ArcGIS Desktop Administrator console, under Installation Information, verify the following:
▪ Product Name: ArcGIS Desktop
▪ Release Version: 9.3
▪ Product Version: 22.214.171.12400
Run the ArcGIS 9.3.1 Update DVD. Once the update completes, and the Release version is updated to 9.3.1, register the new version as follows:
1. Start ArcGIS Administrator. Click Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator.
2. In the ArcGis Desktop Administrator console, click Register Single Use and Extensions, and click the Register Now button to start the registration wizard.