Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
Which data loading scenarios will preserve Global ID values?
The following operations were designed to preserve Global IDs:
• Exporting to an XML Workspace Document
• Data Extraction (can be found on the Distributed Geodatabase Toolbar)
• Creating a replica
The following operations DO NOT preserve Global IDs:
• Export/Import XML Record Set document 2) Data Loader
• Exporting features from Map
• Exporting from catalog (invokes the geoprocessing tool)
When records are added to an existing schema, Global IDs are regenerated, otherwise they are preserved. In other words, with operations that first re-create the feature class and schema before proceeding with the data load operation, Global ID preservation is not supported.