Error: Block 1 error: 7131:Server activation is not allowed to activate entitlement line item:
If the incorrect authorization method is selected when attempting to authorize Single Use ArcGIS Desktop 10 products, the following error message is returned:
"Block 1 error: 7131:Server activation is not allowed to activate entitlement line item: ESUxxxxxxxxx. Make sure the license model is a server license model. [Incident# xxxx-xxxxxxx]"
An ArcGIS Concurrent Use license was selected to authorize the Single Use product instead of the correct ArcGIS Administrator.
Solution or Workaround
The following steps are for Windows XP. The procedure for other versions of Windows may vary slightly.
- Cancel any authorization process in progress.
- Go to Start > All Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator.
- Select 'Desktop' in the left side panel.
- In the right side panel, select the appropriate version of ArcGIS:
• ArcInfo (Single Use)
• ArcEditor (Single Use)
• ArcView (Single Use)
- Select 'Authorize Now'.
- Continue with the authorization process.
If any further issues are encountered with the authorization process, contact Esri Technical Support.