Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
When using disconnected replication a deadlock situation occurs where both replicas are data receivers with the same generation numbers (in their replica properties).
This is caused by the following workflow:
1. A 2-way replica is created.
2. A data change message is exported from the child (DC1) with a switch message. This changes the child replica to a data receiver.
3. DC1 is imported into the parent replica.
4. A data change message is exported (DC2) from the parent with a switch message. This changes the parent to a receiver.
5. DC2 is imported into the child replica.
6. DC2 is then imported into the parent with a switch message.*
* Note this should be blocked, now both replicas are senders with the same generation numbers.
7. Data changes (DC3) are then exported from the parent with a switch message.
8. Data changes (DC4) are then exported from the child with a switch message.
Please contact Esri Technical Support.