How To: Search inside territory for ZIP Codes
Instructions provided describe how to get a list of all of the ZIPs in a territory when a territory is not comprised of ZIP Codes.
It is possible to search inside a territory for point data, but not the ZIP polygons. Follow the instructions below for a method to search for the ZIP Codes inside of a territory.
- Export the 5 digit ZIP Code database from the ZIP5 layer and save it as a new file name.
- Open the database in Excel and right-click the column. Select Format Cells and format as TEXT. Do this for the Post Office, County, and State columns.
- Save the database. It can be saved in Excel (.xls) format or dBase (.dbf).
- Add this database to a map by selecting Layer > Add Database from the main menu and selecting the file just created.
- In the Add Database dialog box, it is suggested that 'NO SYMBOL' is selected as the symbol type. Uncheck the 'DISPLAY LABELS' box.
- Right-click on the desired Territory in the Territory window and select Search Inside.
- From the pop-up menu, select this new ZIP5 database layer that was brought into the map as the layer to search for. The resulting ZIP Codes display in the Database window.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000010846
Software: BusinessMAP 5.0, 4.5, 4.1, 4.0