Error: Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity
When opening the Services Directory application or connecting to a Web service, the following error message returns:
"Identity Error: Server could not authenticate the supplied identity".
This issue applies to ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework.
The ArcGISWebServices account has not been granted rights to 'Allow log on locally' in the local group policy.
Solution or Workaround
The ArcGISWebServices user account must be added to the access control list for the 'Allow log on locally' policy on the GIS Server machine.
- Click Start > Run... In the Run box, type GPEDIT.msc. Press the Enter key.
- In the Group Policy editor, expand Computer Configuration > Windows Settings.
- Navigate to Security Settings > Local Policies > User Rights Assignment.
- Double-click on 'Allow log on locally'.
- In the 'Allow log on locally' policy properties, click 'Add User or Group' to add the ArcGISWebServices account to the access control list.