Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
What are the features and dependencies in ArcGIS Business Analyst Server 9.3.1?
ArcGIS Business Analyst Server for .NET Framework extends ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework and is available at the Advanced and Enterprise Edition. Business Analyst Server adds business properties as an extension to a Map Service.
Listed below are Business Analyst Server features with their dependencies:
Business Analyst Server Components
Business Analyst Server Object Manager
▪ Business Analyst Server Object Manager (SOM) feature extends ArcGIS Server Object Manager 9.3.1.
Business Analyst Server Object Container
▪ Business Analyst Server Object Container (SOC) feature extends ArcGIS Server Object Container 9.3.1.
Business Analyst Server Web Applications
Business Analyst Server Web Applications feature requires ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 Web ADF Runtime and Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS). This feature installs two sub-features: Analysis Center and REST.
▪ A Web application built with a Toolbox of business tools to help perform business tasks, and a manager to manage business workflows. The Analysis Center allows viewing of business data that comes with Business Analyst Server in its geographic extent. The Analysis Center allows users to view, perform and share business analyses, reports, charts and maps. Analysis Center uses a pre-prepared Business Analyst capable Map Service to expose the business tools, workflows and data to the user. Default.mxd is the pre-prepared map document that gets installed with the data.
▪ A Web application built with a Services directory of references available in Business Analyst Server's REST API. The Business Analyst Server REST Services directory is an organized list of available API functions with executable and easy to follow examples. A set of pre-prepared sample data comes with the ArcGIS Business Analyst Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework package. The sample for this Web service is installed when the data is installed.
Web Application Developer Framework
Web Applications Developer Framework feature requires ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 Web ADF Runtime. It contains a set of Web controls that can be used for Web application development. This feature installs one sub feature: Runtime.
▪ This feature supports a multi-user environment and allows users to share results of their business analyses.
HTMLext Report Web Service
▪ HTMLext Report Web Service feature provides a pre-built Report Web Service that allows for publishing of business reports. This feature requires Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS).
Business Analyst Server Desktop Components
▪ The Administrator Tools feature installs functionality that enables ArcCatalog to administer Business Analyst Server instance. This feature needs ArcCatalog 9.3.1 to be installed.
▪ Projects Upload/Download feature installs feature to Upload/Download projects to and from ArcGIS 9.3.1 Business Analyst (Desktop). This feature gets installed if you have ArcGIS 9.3.1 Business Analyst (Desktop) installed so it can install the additional functionality that will enable the Desktop extension to communicate with the Server extension. This feature requires ArcCatalog 9.3.1 and ArcGIS 9.3.1 Business Analyst extension to be installed.