Problem: Cannot publish MSD, but MXD files publish successfully
MSD files fail to start when created, giving an error. However, MXD services start without a problem.
The possible error messages are as follows:
- "Server object instance creation failed on all SOC machines."
- "Unable to instantiate class for xml schema type:CIMDEGeographicFeatureLayer"
The XmlSupport.dat file in the <ArcGIS Install Directory>\bin folder is corrupted.
Solution or Workaround
The solution to this problem is to replace the XmlSupport.dat file with a copy of one that is not corrupted.
- Download the attached XmlSupport.zip.
- Backup the XmlSupport.dat file by copying the XmlSupport.dat file from the <ArcGIS Install Folder>\bin to the Desktop.
- Delete the original copy of XmlSupport.dat.
- Extract the contents of XmlSupport.dat to the <ArcGIS Install Folder>\bin
- Restart the ArcGIS Server Object Manager Service.