How To: Change the Geoportal extension Harvesting Tool log file location
Instructions provided describe how to change the location where Geoportal extension Harvesting Tool log files are written by editing the registry.
The Geoportal extension Harvesting Tool generates new log files after each harvest session. By default, log files are written to the following folder:
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
- Open the Registry Editor clicking on the Start menu, selecting 'Run...', and typing 'regedit' in the 'Run...' dialog input field.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Applications\Portal_Harvesting_Tool\Logging.
- In the registry window to the right, right-click on the Log_Directory entry and select Modify.
- In the Edit String dialog box, replace the file path in the Value String input field with the file path where the Harvesting log files should be written.
- Click OK.
The next time a harvest is run, log files will be written to the new file location.
- Components of the Geoportal Extension -- Overview
- Harvesting and Managing Repositories Overview
- Logs for the Harvesting Tool