Problem: Services disappear from ArcGIS Server Manager and ArcCatalog after previewing for the first time
After previewing a map service for the first time, or when trying to create a Web application, the map service fails to display, and the list of available services from the ArcGIS Server appears empty.
The Web browser cache needs to be cleared.
Solution or Workaround
- In Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- In the General tab, click the Setting button under the Browse history heading to open the Browsing history settings.
- Check the 'Automatically' radio button under the 'Check for newer versions of stored pages' heading.
- Click OK on the Settings dialog box.
- Click OK on the Internet Options dialog box.
- Close and reopen Internet Explorer.